Wokingham Winter Carnival is a FUN day out for the whole family. The town is closed to traffic for the day so children can join in the fun in a totally safe environment.
There’s a whole host of street entertainers, music, singing, dancing and the fun of the fair with loads of different rides, whether you’re young or old.
Santa will be in his grotto from 10:30am to 4pm – places must be booked in advance here: https://www.trybooking.com/uk/events/landing/45711?embed
…and for lunch there are stalls offering an amazing choice of food and drink. There are over 125 stalls selling gifts & goods too, so why not get your Christmas shopping sorted?
Check out the programme of events to find out what’s happening throughout the day.
Free parking and bus travel are available for the event, courtesy of Wokingham Borough Council – details here: https://www.wokingham.gov.uk/news/2023/free-bus-travel-festive-season
Details on all Wokingham Town Centre car parks run by Wokingham Borough Council are here: https://www.wokingham.gov.uk/parking-and-transport/parking-and-permits/find-car-park
Note that several road closures and diversions will be in place for the 2023 Wokingham Winter Carnival.
You can download the full programme here https://tinyurl.com/wokywinter23 with map.
⛔️ The following roads will be closed from 6.00 to 21.00.
• Peach Street from its junction with Easthampstead Road to Wokingham Market Place.
• Denmark Street from the Market Place to turning into the car park (adjacent to the Lord Raglan)
• Wokingham Market Place
• Broad Street from the Market Place to Shute End
• Access/Egress to Broad Street from Rose Street
🚙 Traffic Diversion Routes
Western Diversion Route: This diversion will be via Easthampstead Road, Heathlands Road, Nine Mile Ride, Sandhurst Road, Finchampstead Road, Molly Millars Lane, Barkham Road and Station Approach.
Eastern Diversion Route: To provide access to Rose Street, the diversion route will be via Rectory Road, Wiltshire Road, Peach Street and Cross Street.
🅿️ Parking Restrictions
The following parking restrictions will be in place:
• No parking the full length of Broad Street from 22.00 hours on Saturday November 25th to 21.00 hours on Sunday November 26th
• No parking on and around Wokingham Market Place Denmark Street from 22.00 hours on Saturday November 25th until 21.00 hours on Sunday November 26th
• No parking on the closed section of Peach Street from 22.00 hours on Saturday November 25th until 21.00 hours on Sunday November 26th
All Taxi bays closed on Broad Street from midnight on Saturday 25th November until 21.00 hrs on Sunday 26th.November
All Bus Routes will be diverted on Sunday 26th November from 06.00 to 21.00hrs
♿️ The disabled car parking spaces by Market Place will not be available – but all the disabled spaces in WBC Car parks will be available as usual – details here https://www.wokingham.gov.uk/parking-and-transport/parking-and-permits/find-car-park